Tuesday, May 3, 2022

UCPTD | Portfolio 'Overwriting' Deeper Dive (income / charts)

Hi Everyone! 

PORTFOLIO 'OVERWRITING' DEEPER DIVE

Portfolio Overwriting means = using your Buy & Hold stocks, writing DEEP OTM 30 day covered calls to collect extra income while holding the stock long term. One would do this during a company's *non* event months to avoid volatility and hope for a smooth trade, hoping the CC expires worthless ...

I call this my 'Doubling my Dividend' trades

Using Merck (MRK) as my example ... MRK has retraced from its recent $72 to now trading @ $80 today ... MRK is now in range for topping in the near term and falling back as profit takers come in and reap the benefits of this +$8 pt move.

Notice MRK is approaching Resistance (~$81.75) and should it *not* break thru and hold this close for about (3) trading days ... MRK will 'in all likelihood' fall back as Wall Street will now consider this as Resistance and will sell it off to Support (~$77.90ish)



RSI is 66.34 which if you believe that 70 or ABOVE is OVERBOUGHT then MRK at a 66 RSI is getting a little overbought here at @$80 so I suspect if were going to get 'green days' on Wall Street MRK will move to the RSI = 70 the possibly start its trace back to Support (should not company news affect the stock)



THIS IS THE TIME
So this is the time I start to look at my BUY & HOLD stocks for a possible 'Double my Dividends' trade and SELL the OTM 30 Delta and try to collect what would equal MRK's quarterly dividend IN HOPES over the next 30 days MRK DOES peel back and my CC will expire worthless, collecting 'an extra' dividend.

As always, do your due diligence and this is not a recommendation

Until next time, I wish you the very Best In Trading!
-----------------------------------
Regards,
John
email me corepositiontrading@gmail.com
Remember, this content is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do own shares. I am by no means recommending this stock for purchase
You received this message because you are a UCPTD Premium Member
If you do not want to receive emails, please click the unsubscribe below
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, just send an email to corepositiontrading@gmail.com
Core Position Trading, LLC | 1498 SE Tech Center Pl Vancouver, WA 98683-9591 USA
© 2022 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights ReservedDisclaimer










HOW I MAKE $25,000 in 3 months using this stock Covered Call Writing

CLICK THE YOUTUBE LINK TO WATCH THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/dUr-7E4LPoo HOW I made $25,000 in 3 months, 1 $18 stock using Covered Call Writi...