Wednesday, February 10, 2021

CPT - Abbreviations and Acronyms

Hi Everyone!
-
My Abbreviations and Acronyms I use in videos, emails and on the Dashboards 

KRUMS - Refers to making little profits on every trade ... hitting singles vs trying to always hit home runs
UCPTD - Upgraded CPT Dashboard
CPT - Core Position Trading
CCW - Covered Call Write ... or Writing a Covered Call
CSP - Cash Secured Put ... or Selling a Cash Secured Put
CCW+DIV Capture - refers to me buying a stock to write a covered call while trying to collect a dividend distribution as well
STWTJE  - Seeing the World Thru My Eyes ... it's like you taking a peek over my shoulder .. I'm showing you my world thru my eyes.
WDJT - What Does John Think ... of your PaperGrade Trade ... you submit a tradeI give you the 'What does John think' treatment.
CoC% gain - Cash on Cash % gain on the money invested ... we invest $1000 and make 10% that's 10% Cash on Cash % made
CoC$ gain -  Cash on Cash $ gain on the money invested ... we invest $1000 and make $100 that's $100 Cash on Cash $ made
IST - If Shares are taken ... as in if my shares are taken this is my profit
ISNT - If Shares are not taken ... as in if my shares are not taken this is my profit
BB - Buy Back an option ... as in "the stock has fallen so Im going to BB this option and do another)
X - as in ... I bought the shares at $57x ... the X represents the change in the trade ... as in I don't know the exact $57.xx
A_DIV$ - Annual Dividend dollar amount
A_DIV% -   Annual Dividend % amount based on the stock current share price
Q_DIV (% - $)same as above ... just Quarterly
DIV? - means do they pay a dividend during my trade?
DIV$ - how much per Quarter (I don't use the Q here because it's during a trade which is 30 days so its assumed it's NOT all year)
ROI - Return on Investment ... sometime they call this Return on Option (as in money invested) I rarely use this
S$ - Current Stock Price
O$ - Option price
R$ - Real Money or Intrinsic Value
TV - TimeValue or Extrinsic Value
RT$P - Real Time Stock Price
BUYSTOCK$ - I bought the stock
BUTSTOCKCSP  - I was assigned the stock via a Cash Secured Put where I was assigned the shares
ASSIGNED - Sometimes I've used this (same as above)
-20% 1ST HALF or 1/2 - Its common for traders to BUY BACK an option if an option falls 1/2 in the 1ST half of the contract
-10% 2ND HALF - its common to BUY BACK an option if the option is 1/10 the price you were to pay in the 2nd half of the trade
SYM - Stock symbol
EX_Date - a company's Ex-Dividend date
ER - refers to Earnings Report
KC - Keltner Channel
KC MID - the Keltner Channel MID line or the middle line of the 3
B&H - is referred as Buy and Hold ... as in 'this stock is apart of my B&H portfolio same for B/H 
PREM - Premium ... we get for selling premium 
PREM$ - the premium in dollar amount
PREM% - the % the premium represents of the trade (rarely use this)
% - shorthand for percentage ... as in ' I made this % on this $5000 invested
MAX PROFIT - refers to the max profit of our trade ... if I do a 30 day CCW making $1 in prem and $1 and stock move ... my MAX PROFIT for this trade is $1+$1=$2 ... MAX PROFIT is the total max we make on a selling premium trade.
ATM - At The Money
OTM - Out of The Money
ITM - In The Money
NTM - Near The Money

FFTY - The ETF that mimics' the IDB 50 (Investors Business Daily)

ST50 - List of the BEST 50 stocks trading now based on Technicals and Fundamentals

IDB50 - Investors Business Daily 50 Top Stocks for the week


Until next time, I wish you the very Best In Trading!
-----------------------------------

Regards,
John G
Remember, this content is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.

Disclaimer
All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC - 2021

HOW I MAKE $25,000 in 3 months using this stock Covered Call Writing

CLICK THE YOUTUBE LINK TO WATCH THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/dUr-7E4LPoo HOW I made $25,000 in 3 months, 1 $18 stock using Covered Call Writi...